Keeping you current on our on-going struggles with freedom in America

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Making fun of Pat Robertson is fun

One of my political advisors, Trista, from Chapel Hill NC, sent me some great links from www.PatRobertson.com

It seems that Pat gets all caught up in the moment and says silly things like"

(talking about Hugo Chavez)
"I don’t know about this doctrine of assassination, but if he thinks we’re trying to assassinate him, I think we really ought to go ahead and do it."

and then he has to post statements apologizing and explaining his very umm....UN-CHRISTIANLIKE statements!:
"Is it right to call for assassination? No, and I apologize for that statement."

(and regarding Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon)
"Sharon was personally a very likeable person and I am sad to see him in this condition. But I think we need to look at the Bible and the book of Joel. The prophet Joel makes it very clear that God has enmity against those who “divide my land.” God considers this land to be His . . . Now Ariel Sharon who again was a very likeable person, a delightful person to be with, I prayed with him personally, but here he’s at the point of death. He was dividing God’s land and I would say woe unto any Prime Minister of Israel who takes a similar course to appease the EU, the United Nations, or the United States of America. God says “this land belongs to me. You’d better leave it alone.”

and he then makes this outrageous claim regarding people misunderstanding the previous statement:
"It is just remarkable how we get misquoted. You know you try to be rational in what you have to say but last night I was given editorials from the New York Times, Washington Post, the [Los Angeles]Times and assorted liberal newspapers that were just scathing in their denunciation of yours truly, and it was just amazing, based on what? False information. Things that I didn’t say."

And a newly discovered fantastic political website has a great satirical column regarding Mr. Robertson:
http://www.scrappleface.com/?p=2129

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home