Keeping you current on our on-going struggles with freedom in America

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Sex-industry insider is fed up!

Here's an article I came across about a book written by a former Sex-Industry worker. (He was..maybe still is...not sure...a writer for Penthouse and Maxim.) The author's named Gil Reavill and his book is titled - Smut: A sex-industry Insider (and Concerned Father) Says Enough is Engouh. The book was released for sale today. Hopefully I'll stop by a bookstore this week to skim it, but I'm sure it probably calls for government intervention in one way or another to reign in the evil TV, Hollywood, MTV, Magazines, etc etc. What I can't understand every time I read about something like this is: WE (the consumer) HAVE THE POWER TO STOP IT! But, obviously we don't want to. If we truly wanted a change, we would simply stop supporting the products, and then the industry would change. As far as Gil's fed uppedness is concerned, I'm right with him. The average American child is inundated with brainless TV, sexual music, and the constant education of what it means to be cool from Billboards, music, TV, etc etc etc etc. I often say MTV is probably the worst thing in the world for 14 year old girls. But, guess what - They continue to make billions of dollas!

So, Gil, and all other concerned parents, call the cable company, tomorrow and cancel your subscription. If I were a father I would surely be facing this dilemma myself, and probably either 1. not buying cable TV (although I can't imagine life without the Daily Show) or 2. buying one of those high tech TVs with mad parent controls.

http://www.nationalreview.com/comment/reavill200504250746.asp

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home