Keeping you current on our on-going struggles with freedom in America

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Does a logical argument against School Choice exist?

Sometimes I wonder if I should just turn this blog into a school choice blog...hmm...maybe I'll start a new one for just that purpose; because as I scour the news-o-sphere I come across article after article about the School Choice debate. And I love it!

The more we argue, the more people will come to see how ridiculous this argument is! School choice is good....Big Brother controlling schools is bad.

I came across the Educational State of the Union, which is bleek, as long as big government (feds) control our schools... This article outlines all of the major, nearly un-arguable, points about how much better school choice is for our children.

Here are my favorites:

1. "Powers not accorded to Congress by the Constitution are reserved, by the 10th Amendment, to the states and the people. As it happens, the U.S. Constitution mentions neither the word education nor the word school. Doesn't even allude to them."

2. (the President should:)"repeal of his own No Child Left Behind law that unconstitutionally substitutes the judgment of federal officials for that of parents and state legislators."

3. "Nor has our increasingly centralized approach to schooling served the interests of the poor. Though many inner city public school districts from Detroit to DC spend $12,000 to $16,000 per pupil annually, their performance is often abysmal."

4. "low income families make better educational decisions for their own children than state-appointed bureaucrats make on their behalf."

If I see one thing happen in the next ten years, I want it to be a Steelers Super Bowl victory. If two, then repealment of the federal department of education.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home