Keeping you current on our on-going struggles with freedom in America

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Crime statistics help both sides of the argument!

This is an interesting article by Steeve Sailer analyzing different data that is (possibly) related to the legalization of abortion in the early 70's.
http://www.amconmag.com/2005_05_09/feature.html

This caught my attention because I wrote a paper in a Bioethics class while a senior at St Vincent College that argued for legalization of abortion because it limited the number of unwanted children in the world. I wrote the paper not because I felt strongly about the issue, but because we had to write something somewhat radical, so I thought my position would be pretty radical and generate some good arguments during class discussions.

I have been a fence sitter my entire life on this issue. Usually I think: let the woman decide, what do I care? Lately I've been leaning more toward the pro-life side of the arguement and the last graph that Mr. Sailer provides basically sums up the argument that I have been more inclined to agree with. And honestly, I have only recently begun to think about this very valid point. That is, quoting Steve:
"The sheer waste of it all is staggering. And the impact on the overall morality of our society of this Supreme Court-condoned carelessness over life is incalculable. "

Has the world become less concerned in the value of all life since Roe v Wade?

2 Comments:

Blogger DOBBER said...

travis,
i will fearlessly breach any and every subject as they appear in the news, and/or on websites, magazines, etc.

i dont think anyone can argue with the fact that once conception occurs, life exists. the question i've been interested in lately is whehter or not the legalization of abortion has had a negative effect on the overall psyche of the American masses.

11:17 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know when life begins but if you believe it begins at conception then why don't you celebrate conception day in addition to birthday? More presents, no?

9:38 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home