Keeping you current on our on-going struggles with freedom in America

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

School officials blush at mention of ....uhh....

vagina. A few students were suspended from school for wearing pins and t-shirts that mentioned the word. I'm not going to argue whether or not students can wear shirts that say offensive things. What I will argue for is school choice.

If school were privatized, it would be up to the individual school's management whether or not a button that says "i heart vagina" or a t-shirt that calls President Bush an international terrorist is acceptable dress. Then the school would be accountable. How? Parents can choose whether or not to send their child to that school! The great thing about that idea is, though I may have an opinion on the matter, I can only have a voice if I am part of that school (as faculty, student, parent, etc). What I think about a dress code may be vastly different than what someone in North Dakota thinks, and so be it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home