Keeping you current on our on-going struggles with freedom in America

Thursday, April 28, 2005

Just an old school book burning!

You have to be kidding me! I cannot believe...hold on let me check. Yeah, I just checked and it is 2005. Okay, I'm going to close the browser and pretend I didn't just read that. Okay, I'm going to open a new browser, go to google news and search for "Alabama ban gay books". Hopefully nothing will come up, because, this is America and there is ....uhhh....Free Speech?

39 news articles come up! This is the leading article:
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2005/04/26/eveningnews/main691106.shtml

Alabama bill targets gay authors! Do I even have to write how ridiculous that is?

Well, let me at least ask the obvious question: Is that censorship?

"I don't look at it as censorship," says State Representative Gerald Allen.

Oh, I guess it's not then.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home